2007/12/31

Balmy Paris...

Ahem! NOT Paris... Hilton. :)

In my book, neither she's hot, and balmy isn't a word that would come to my mind, about describing her. :)

No, I mean Paris... La Ville-Lumière, the City of Lights. You know, that unknown place in France with that big utility pole in the center? That's the place!

(Gee whiz, I speak like a Republican. I should stop watching FOX News. :) ).

In preparation for the trip to France, earlier this morning I was on an IM chat session with one of my cousins, and along the conversation, questions were flying back and forth about the trip.

So I innocently asked... how I should get dressed?

There are those innocent questions which... the minute you asked... you should bite your fingernails from ever asking that question!!!

(Translating in English...)

-It's cooooooooooooold in Paris, right now! Dress warmly!

Somehow, I had some suspicions. You know, I'm back from Seattle... and I've heard a similar complaint from Seattlelites.

Heck, they had no snow on the ground, and I had to unzip my jacket while I was there. That tells you how "cold" it was in Seattle!

Here in Montréal, I'm drowned in a sea of snow and I better cover up and wear *winter* boots!

So, I bite...

-Ok, I said. How cold it is in Paris, right now ?

- +7ºC That's coooooold!

(For my fellow Americans: +7ºC = about 45ºF ). In other words, just as "cold" as Seattle. :)

Ooooookay...

Balmy Paris!

PS: I think that I said something similar about Seattle. I think. :)

Nor I was fully understood, both in Seattle and now in Paris.

Must be my Eskimo accent. :)

Cheers!!!

-E

------

PPS: While in France, I may not blog often... for one good reason: Not all my cousins and uncles have internet access, so there will be long lapses. Please, do not panic! I'll probably be just fine... just enjoying (perhaps a little bit too much) the French gastronomy... and French wine. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't realise that you'd left already! Good thing, as it has been snowing since before I woke up this morning.

I hope you have a great trip, but I miss your blogs already!

xo CG.

The Eskimo said...

I'm still here, Clevergirl!

(But I'm leaving in a day from now. :) ).

I saw the snow today. Another 15cm of it. Sigh!!!

I'm afraid that I'll have a taste of the cold snap before I leave!

Ahhh... Balmy Paris! :)

Happy New Year, Joyeuse Année à toi, chère amie!

Cheers and hugs!

-E