2007/12/05

Dial S... for Stupidity?

While the east coast got lots of snow... on the west coast... they were coping with lots of rain, and unusually warm temperatures.

So there have been massive floods in British-Columbia, as well in Washington State and in Oregon

Thanks to my cable provider, they have their "western feed", so I can watch local Vancouver and Seattle TV stations, as if I were living there!

So I was watching a Vancouver station tonight. I saw on national news how British-Columbia got hard hit, so I was curious to see what's on their local TV stations.

The lady you see was complaining that for days that her house was surrounded by deep water. So she asked repeatedly to all government agencies she could think of for... help.

"Yeah, I've asked for... help, and I got... help today. They give me a help sign. "

It's hilarous... in a movie! However, when it's happening for real...

It's screaming obvious that this is not the kind of "help" she was thinking of...

-E

PS: I'll be in Vancouver and then in Seattle by the end of next week. It seems the absolutely wacky weather they had last year... is back again this year. I'm crossing my fingers... -E

No comments: