2007/11/22

Winter Storm Warning ?!?

<--- Environment Canada said so! That's what my weather radio has picked up when I arrived home tonight. (In case one is wondering, we're now using in Canada the same technology that is in used in the US for many years. If you happen to hear a S.A,M.E. alert when it is transmitted, you'll hear a "databurst" similar to a modem for a short period of time. This allow to display the type of alert (Advisory, Watch, Warning), a short description of the alert here, Winter Storm Warning, and for which region (FIPS code) is intended. I've set this weather gizmo to display weather alerts strictly for Montréal Island.

For my deaf friends, all tabletop models are required to have an external port, so you can plug in a flashing warning light, vibrer, etc. Not bad. :) (I wish a longer text message would be displayed on the LCD screen, but that's a step in the right direction!).

----

Winter, oh winter...

It's mid-November, winter is on time... except we aren't.

Spoiled by a nice weather, used to late winter arrivals...

Now we're back to ahem... normal?

Where's my winter boots?

Scarf? Gloves? Hat?

Where oh where?

I can't remember where I've put them last spring!

Ah, I know what it means!

Time for me to hibernate,

Time for me to say: "See you next Spring!"

(Well, I wish I could say so. ;) )

Cheers!

-E
PS: Where's my shovel? I'm just a clever Eskimo!

No comments: