2007/11/06

Douce France...

"... Cher pays de mon enfance,
Bercée de temps d'insouciance,
je t'ai gardée dans mon coeur!"
-Charles Trenet.

It appears that I'm going to France after all. First half of January 2008. I got the tickets today, eh! :)

My uncle is finally out of danger, which is finally what matters the most. So I will take time to visit him, and the rest of my family on the Euro side. :)

Barring any labour strike (if you know France, this is almost as a sure thing as fog over London. :) ) this plan should hold on nonetheless (knocking on wood). This is also a trip done in much much much happier circumstances!

There are certain songs... that are almost like a second national anthem. "J'irai revoir ma Normandie" (literally: "I'll see again my Normandy") and also... Douce France. Very sweet to me. Very sweet. :)

I've been humming "Douce France" this evening.
So, this is another experiment with YouTube. Hope this works!
(That being said, it's incredible what you find on YouTube!)

So, here is a young Charles Trenet... and "Douce France". There are also subtitles, so you can read along. :)

A bientôt!

-E

No comments: