2007/11/22

Sweet nothingness...

One big drawing Friday (Super 7), an other biggy Saturday (6/49). At the workplace, we did a small pool (5 persons). Each of us has contributed for $10 worth of lotteries.

Sweet nothingness. :)

(For my American friends, even the jackpot (Jacques Pot? :) ), it is a one big lump payment, and it is tax free).

Sure, we're all buying dreams, but it is sweet to dream. Even though reality dictates we will get a few free tickets and a few $10 prizes, at best. :)

Wealth? Me? Nawww...

Sure, I'm holding to the job like the most precious thing on earth. But it's not even for me...

Would be nice if my parents wouldn't have to worry. They'll get all the care they ever dream , without worrying for a steady supply of income (and they say that healthcare is "free" in Canada. Yeah sure :) ).

It would be nice for me to continue to work, but on work that doesn't bring $$$, just the sheer reward of doing things I like... without worrying for affording a roof, eating 3 times a day, for the rest of my life. Not bad!

Relocation? I'll keep an apartment in Montréal, but I'll love to be... elsewhere. Go West, young man! I always appreciate being called a young man. :)

Photography is my passion...

... and you have to travel to take photos. Interesting equation which I am not complaining. :)

Again, donating time to organizations, helping people, that would also be high on my list.

Computer programming? After doing so for 25 years, I'd take a little break. If I program again, it would be for the fun of it, and for projects that are dear to me.

I have a few ideas about things that would help people, but that can wait. I'm tired of programming and the break would have to come first. :)

On days like today, with several inches of snow on top of icy sidewalks... TV ads that tell you that you'll "be alright" in Jamaica...

... beaches, hammocks...

Those speak louder than snow shovels and winter clothes. :)

And being an angel...

I know friends with big wonderful and noble dreams...

I'm not just thinking of donating money, but also donating my time and my expertise along with the money to make their dreams come true.

It seems it's been all my life, helping others...

For the time being, to no longer have to go to the office Monday through Friday, especially when winter is around...

Sweet nothingness,

Sweet dreams!

This is well worth it. :)

Besides, who knows?

A lottery winner wearing a kilt. I'm sure the folks at the lottery agency hasn't seen that.

Well... there's a first, for everything. Heh!

So this is bound to happen sooner or later.

Since I wear a kilt...

Cheers!

-E

No comments: