2007/11/06

Noisy night, windy thoughts...

I have those windows which, when you open them just by a crack... and it's windy outside... those windows "sing". VERY loudly. Veeeeewwwwwwwww !

I woke up at 3AM... mhhh... no wonder why. :)

Of course, once I close my windows, I couldn't find sleep.

A glance at the digital thermometer... 0.0°C (32°F) . Winter is coming...

I was observing the weather, and I was thinking...

Where I work, near the Gay Village... (east end of downtown Montréal)... there's a lot of homeless people... I see them everyday...

Shelters? This is Canada, and you think we have that fantastic safety net? Forget it. For this year in Québec, the government will give only $1 million out of the $3.7 millions the Montréal shelters need.

Minister Couillard brags about his savvy way to manage public money. Sheesh...

I keep reminding myself that there is a lot of luck that I'm here, in a nice warm and cozy home, which my only worry is how to find sleep at 3AM...

And not being "out there"... and they too they are wondering how to find sleep at 3AM... among other worries...

Cheers,

-E

No comments: