2007/11/17

Brrrr... am I a wimp? :)

When you have a handle by the name of Eskimo... You have a reputation to maintain, now that winter is approaching. :)

I wasn't much online this week. In part in preparation for the January trip to France...

And I took the opportunity to accept invitations from friends, and I also catch up with movies.

All in all, it means that I went back home late at night. Temperatures are dipping quite deeply.

Brrrr!!!! I was wondering... Gee whiz, how am I going through winter if I'm shivering now? It seems that every year I'm wondering the same thing, and of course, I got through all this.

I was thinking that last year, about now... I was in Vancouver.

Big snowstorm. +10F temperatures, and it was extremely windy. Absolutely NOT their usual weather.

I have this ritual. On arrival or the next day, at a place near a large body of water,I have to go to a beach. At least to dip my feet in the water.

In summer time, it's a no brainer, but in WINTER TIME?

Well... I remove my... *boots*, and I did walk barefoot IN THE SNOW... all the way to the sea. It isn't a snowstorm that will stop me!

I had even to return to English Bay Beach and redo what I've done for the camera!

The first time, I haven't thought of taking photos of my little footsies in the snow and then in the water. My gang in Montréal needed something to prove that I'm not making this up. Sheesh!

No... I'm still as crazy as before, nor I did I catch a cold. :)

Last year, I can say that I fully earn my wings (err... igloo?) as an Eskimo. :)

On a somewhat more serious note, it shows that at seemingly impossible things... we adapt. We all do. Consciously or not.

Except that fears... and the initial shock is not all that pleasant.

However once done... you wonder what was all the fuss!

So I was reminded of that, tonight.

I'm thinking... if I return to Vancouver in winter, anyone willing for a barefoot walk in the snow... and a dip of footsies in the water with me? Or a real full dip in the water, in swimsuit? A polar bear blogfest? ;)

Wimp. Just wimp, I'm telling you! Hehehe...

Cheers!

-E

No comments: