2007/09/26

Ottawa for lovers... :-)


( <--- This is the Langevin building, corner Elgin & Wellington Street. Note: This blog entry isn't exactly a blog "simulcast" from FC.)

I'm not the kind of person to return "to the scene of the crime"... on the other hand, there aren't that many streets that go to the Parliament, so you can't help.

On this Sunday morning, I was pensive. College love... and some naugthy fun that occured near that building, which I won't elaborate (but you can read more on my blog at FC. :) ). Suffice to say that I still want to be able to cross the US border. :)

So, for much of the morning, I was thinking of a past lover...

Sometimes, you wonder whether coincidences are... just coincidences. To wit:

On my way to the hotel, I was on Rideau Street, next to the Byward Market and its many street artists. I'm waiting for the green light at the traffic light. The hotel is in view, in a few minutes I'll check out, then hop on a taxi, and go to the train station. I'll be on my way back to Montréal...

While I was waiting, there was a singer next by. At first, I wasn't paying attention. (Words, and worse, words that are sung are nightmare for me to decode).

Then, I recognize the tune... and then the WORDS...

___

" (...) My love for you, is immeasurable,
My respect for you, immense!

You're ageless, timeless,
Lace and fineness,
You're beauty and elegance.

(refrain) :

You're in my heart,
You're in my soul!

You'll be my breath,
Should I grow old!

You are my lover!
You're my best friend!

You're in my soul...

Sigh!

Hearing a song that EXACTLY describes your feelings at that precise time... Hello COINCIDENCE?

Damn Rod Stewart. You made me shed a few tears in public. :) This is one of his finest songs.

Since I can post links here...
For your listening pleasure... here's Rod Stewart.

Cheers,

-E

No comments: