2007/09/27

Burma...

Unless you come from another planet, you can't ignore what's going on in Burma. Watching the photos from the CBC will chill your bones..

You have probably seen that image of blood laden sandals. Those very sandals usually worn by Buddhists. People who are living symbols of peace... and who have been obviously murdered.

The old militant in me boils...

What can I say?

There are some bitterness... because I've been with some organizations... and when I think of the work we've done... have all turned sour. All...

And from Day 1. The Marche 2/3 is where I first got the bug. I was a teen. Sweet memories. :)

Our project? Building waterworks in... Rwanda. Do I need to tell what happened to Rwanda years later? I could go on and on with the list (Think of Ethiopia, Ouganda, etc...) ... it seems the wheel keeps spinning... For every step forward, there will be three steps backwards. That's my frustration.

Ok, back home...

We are so spoil rotten here... that we don't even realize it (and that's our drama. It's easy to lose something that you don't know it's true value... but that would be room for another blog entry).

So, we're taking for granted... what to others is still a battle.

Freedom.

We are extremely lucky to be born (think about it! :) ) and to live in the western world these days. Some people aren't _that_ lucky, and they are born in a not so fortunate place on this little planet. Even today...

In any war, it is the civilians who always pay the heftiest price. In suffering... and with their life.

I'm having a prayer tonight...

Cheers,

-E

No comments: