2007/09/19

Day #4: I'm doing fine. :) - Luck and bad luck...

(This is a short hand version of something I posted on my now "invisible" blog at FC this morning)
Day 4... (of having an invisible blog upthere, and FC technicians working on my case. I'm a case! :) )

(...)

About the photos on the left... Those are rare photos of Vancouver (and Stanley Park)... under the snow.

And I was there. My luck.

Funny how people react.

Oh, I'm sensible to the massive irony that a place known... for *NOT* having a winter... I arrived there and WHAM! First class Canadian winter storm! Snow, hurricane-class winds and bitterly cold temperatures,.

It says something that on my arrival in Vancouver, I had to make some emergency shoppings. Boots, scarf, hat, gloves. All those wintry things... I left back home !!!

It also says something to see Vancouverites walking in the snow in ordinary shoes, even in SANDALS! That kind of weather is just foreign to them. I also have to say that they're brave, or insane... or both. :)

Some say that this was terribly BAD luck for me...

Personally, I'm saying this is luck nonetheless.

The odds that a winter storm would happen, and it would happen at the precise time I'd be in Vancouver...

Look at these photos.

You call that... *BAD* luck?

Now you see my point.

Cheers,

-E

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Il y a une solution avec votre problèmes avec le Cupid Disparu ;-), vous savez? C'est que vous offriez lui assister et le fixer soi-meme.

Vraiment.

Bonne Chance!

GRG

The Eskimo said...

Eh oui!

Du travail de bénévole...

... et pas nécessairement désinteressé. :)

Et puis, ils sont situés en Californie. C'est bien, à ce qu'on me dit. ;)

PS: Je pense que tout est revenu à la "normale" (avec les guillemets!!!). Cela dit, je vais penser à deux fois avant de mettre à jour mon profil!

Salutations,

-E