2007/08/22

Test post with images



From my west coast trip. The first image was taken in Seattle. At various places throughout the city, you'll see this on the sidewalk. They'll teach you how to dance. This photo was taken on Broadway street, in the Capital District, near Pine Street.

The second photo was taken during the Canadian portion of my west coast trip.

A town that has (almost) my name on it... must be a nice town, right? Maybe. :)

Esquimalt is across the harbour from Victoria. There's a beautiful blue-cobalt bridge that gets there. Gentrification is going on everywhere on Vancouver island, and Esquimalt is no exception.

There are several shipyards, a Canadian naval base, and like in Vancouver on the mainland, lots of high rise condo buildings. Lodging is a problem on the island. At the time I was around, there was less than 1% vacancy. It is as expensive, if not even more expensive to live around Victoria than in Vancouver on the mainland.

Anyway, for a test, this should be enough. :)

Cheers,

-E

4 comments:

Irina said...

Eski, hey, you have a blog here already! I saw you passing by mine, and even putting a link on yours! I will take the time to figure out how to put all the links on my blog to all of you, guys!

I love that picture of the Seattle sidewalk with dancing shoes, cool pics.

I am now on travel, heh, what else is new? At least I am being pampered, staying in a posh hotel in Moscow:) And it's hot here - 30 degrees Celsius.

Good luck with your new toy - this blog!

R.

The Eskimo said...

A long time ago, I had a test blog here... but I'll be blogging for real. So here it is, a fresh new start. This blog will be the main one here!

Lucky you. :) Sometimes I travel for the job, but the very nature of my job makes it that I stay on the continent... and we ride in VERY economy class. :)

30C is HOT indeed!

In my neck of the woods, it's been cold for this time of the year, in the 60F on Cape Cod, and even in Boston, the mighty big city.

However, they're getting all excited, as a big heatwave is coming. Boston may hit 96F by Saturday. It will be more bearable on the Cape, in th mid 80s, or about equivalent to 30 Celsis.

About Seattle, it seems it is a fresh initiative. I asked Tantrika and she couldn't tell. She has a hunch it's fairly new.

Those footsteps are all over the city. (The photo is about the Cha-Cha).

I'm skeptical that these plaques will last long on the sidewalk, with snow, salt and the wear and tear of thousands of pedestrians passing by everyday.

But it's a nice initiative and why not, inviting people to dance? :)

-E

Anonymous said...

Eski!

Your test blogs are up and running. I saw the posts on the blogamajig. How cool--sounds like fun was had by all. Wish I could've been there. Alas, these are times when I wish I was at two places at once.

Lovely seeing you here.
ebbs

The Eskimo said...

Good morning, Ebbs!

blogamajig was quite an event!

It started on Thursday, and I arrived on Saturday, with the last batch of bloggers from NYC.

Much of the east coast was under a heatwave. (In Celsius, around 38-40 degres! )

I think it is fr33tob3m3 who did a quick dash to the store and bought those water guns and balloons.

That proved to be an excellent idea. A fun way to cool ourselves! So that's the background behind the waterfights (plural, there were two of those, during my stay. :) ).

The other thing, inviting a bunch of outrageous free thinker bloggers, on has to be quite open-minded to survive the blogfest! :)

You know, you are far away from this continent, but even myself, I was considerably closer, I made it... but it is because a string of luck and very good timing (since I was *already* on vacations, I was free to travel without worrying about taking off time from the job :) ). In other circumstances, I wouldn't make it.

It's the frustrating part of the internet. Online, we're all together. But in real life, to be physically _there_... the planet is mighty big.

Many cheers to you!

-J