2009/08/02

Via Rail: I miss an opportunity to travel, argh...

Last week, while I was still in the US, I was watching their national newscast.

I was floored to see that Canada made their headlines!

Via Rail on strike. Sigh... Oh my, I can imagine the chaos at La Gare Centrale in Montréal and Union Station in Toronto.

While the strike lasted just a couple of days (thankfully!), now that I'm back in Montréal, I finished reading my mail, and I saw that a friend of mine has sent me one of their blurb.

VIA Rail ran a promo, to excuse themselves for the "inconveniences"...

60% off to any destinations in the Québec-Windsor corridor (including Ottawa).

Ottawa, just $20 away from Montréal, ditto for Québec City. Even far away Toronto at just $40 away from Montréal. For a weekend escape, that's ideal !

So why I'm still in Montréal, this weekend?

Their promo ended... yesterday.

Sigh...

I guess they call that... luck. :)

No comments: