2009/08/12

Garage sale !

With the relocation of my parents to a "ressource intermédiaire" (nursing home), and only this >little< can get in their rooms, so I'm stuck with a couple of stuffs from their former apartment that I have to get rid.

I'm skeptical that my blog has such a huge audience (ooooh, sweet dreams!), but who knows? You might even want to travel to Montréal just to see me!

(Though if you help me clean my parents' former apartment, I'd appreciate! How's about free food at a good restaurant ? I might even wear my kilt just for you! :) )

So here's the stuff, all once big ticket items that I *must* get rid:

-1 20" TV Sony Trinitron, with 1 video input. Great picture, little used. Compact, take little room. Ideal for dorms, bedrooms, etc. $50

-1 24" TV Sony WEGA, year 2004. Great picture, superb sound. 1 video input and 1 video/s-video input. $300

-2 electric "hospital" beds, one single, the other double. Both have remotes. These beds can raise or lower themselves, or just the head or the foot. $200 for both.

I still have some tables, chairs, fancy cutlery, etc. All yours if you make good use of them. :)

Voilà!

This is a time-limited offer. Operator (moi!) is standing by for your call! ;)

Cheers,

-J

2 comments:

Clevergirl said...

:-)

not me, thanks... but a couple of ideas.. maybe you'll be able to find a hospice or long term care facility to take the beds?

Also, put them all up on the Montreal equivalent of UsedOttawa and Kijii AND craigslist.

good luck!

The Eskimo said...

LOL!!!

Thanks for the thought. :)

I posted a couple of things on Montréal Kijiji and they sold fast!

At least the electronics sold fast, (like the TVs).

The beds are something else.

I tried the nursing home where my parents are there )and then a few others, with similar results)

Either my parents could sleep in their own bed again, or have those two beds donated to be used by someone else.

Bureaucracy and paperwork delay everything. It's Québec and I'm warned that such government facilities don't have much leeways in the things they can do. All centralized.

So, if I keep the bed for a couple of years at least, THEN I might have a chance to donate them to a nursing home.

Oh well!

Cheers!!!

-E