2009/04/18

FYI: I was born Palestinian...

No, I am not. :)

Clevergirl reported on her blog about Laila.

When you're a Palestinian,

When home is the Gaza Strip,

When you're a journalist and have to travel,

When you're a mother, with two young kids in tow...

Intenational dirty politics that seem so remote, so immaterial...

Suddenly takes a very ugly face when people do suffer.

Sometimes I wonder about citizenship and its value, especially on a passport. Nor to mention the passport itself.

Not to mention wars...

Have we evolved so much from the cave men?

Mhhhh....

I know that my blog has little readership, but I figure that even symbolically, I have to spread the words. Read Laila's blog.

I still believe in human rights...

... and still naive to believe that we're smart enough to eventually make it happens.

Cheers,

-E

1 comment:

The Eskimo said...

I am floored that this very blog post gathered so many ""comments"" from Asia...

With so many links to Asian sex sites.

Please advertise your site elsewhere.

Thanks,

-Eskimo