2008/04/05

R.I.P. Rosita Salvador...

I was sadden to hear today that Rosita Salvador has passed away. She died of cancer, at age 75. (Radio-Canada: Rosita Salvador n'est plus (in French).

Who is she? A Québec singer, she sang from the late 50s to late 70s. Her real name is Victoire Bergeron. As French-Canadian as it could get. :)

Deep deep in my memory... many things linked with her songs.

For instance, "Mon coeur est en prison" (literally "My heart is in prison" ) was a song that meant a lot to my mom. She sang over and over... and over.

To me, the little infant I were... I couldn't understand words, but it got recorded in my memory. The music and the words seem joyful. It was of course much later and then when I grew up as an adult that I truly understood... and also I understood why that song was special to my mom...

It gets scary when people who are about the age of my parents... are fading away. Brrrr....

From YouTube.... Rosita Salvador and one of her hit songs, "Mon coeur est en prison (1965)".


No comments: